Vijayawada: The state government on Friday constituted a high-level committee to monitor road works in the Left-wing extremist areas of the state. The project, Road Requirement Plan (RRP), is sponsored by the central government to provide basic infrastructure in forest areas and give access to people to avoid movement of the banned Left extremist forces.
As the central government is firm on providing basic infrastructure in the forest areas and increase peoples’ movement to avoid the movement of the Maoists, the road projects assume importance. The central government held a meeting with the DGPs and home ministers recently, where these road projects and other developmental works in the Left-wing extremist areas was stressed and the states were asked to execute the works on priority.
The committee will assist the government in road formation in the areas where Maoists are present. The panel would also help the government in finalization of tenders, ensure early completion of sanctioned project works by resolving hurdles, securing forest clearances, identifying alternate works and early scrutiny of the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs). The panel would help the panchayat raj, Roads and Buildings, Transport and other departments in executing the works.
The committee would coordinate the implementation of the projects and cluster the roads to avoid scattering of men and machines in the Naxal-dominated areas. It would also help the government in the identification of bridges and alternative roads to be constructed on priority. The state government has directed the newly-constituted committee to review the progress of the works on a monthly basis and take steps for early completion.
Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News? Vijayawada sources stated that the state government believes that it is imperative for news pertaining to various government departments needs to be accurate, without any distortion, slant or prejudice. Meanwhile a day after the government decided to empower department secretaries to file cases in courts against false news, government sources said on Thursday said the Cabinet has resolved to give impetus on a free flow of information with accuracy and objectivity.
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue