hyderabad: Principal special judge BR Madhusudan Rao of hyderabad CBI court on Friday brushed aside objections raised by the registry over maintainability of a plea moved by Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
jagan was urging the court to allow his lawyer to represent him and exempt him from court appearances in the cases filed against him by CBI. The judge directed the registry to number the plea and said the matter would be heard on merit on September 27. It may be recalled similar pleas of jagan in 2014 and 2016 seeking exemption from court hearings in view of his obligations to be fulfilled as opposition leader towards people were rejected by both the CBI court and Telangana high court.
jagan, who is now a chief minister, filed a plea under section 205 of CrPC urging the court to allow his lawyer to represent him in view of his bounden duties. The court sought to know from jagan as to how his petition can be heard by a trial court in the given background. Arguing the case of jagan, senior counsel S Niranjan Reddy said that a second plea in the same trial court is very much maintainable as there is a huge change in the set of facts and circumstances between the past and current period.
“Section 205 is not a one-time exercise and can be used multiple times,” he said. When the high court heard the matter in 2016 and rejected the plea, it did not object to the second plea, Niranjan recalled. “It was heard on merits of the case and was dismissed,” he contended.
US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday over the weekend and while she received birthday greetings from many on social media, Trump seems to have forgotten his daughter's special day. Meanwhile Ivanka, on her part, posted a throwback picture of a day of 'babysitting fail' from their youth. She captioned the photo, "Happy, happy birthday Tiffany!
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down