Reportedly there are more chances of Uber ride requests not getting completed in Bengaluru compared to any other city in india during peak hours. Accordingly to Uber, 40% of ride requests on Uber during peak hours in areas of high demand are not fulfilled. Compared to this, in hyderabad, the completion rate is much higher closer to 80% under very similar conditions as found by the company’s data science team. Meanwhile the number of unfinished rides includes cancellations made both by the driver and riders due to longer waiting times.
Furthermore for this, Uber claims that the existing policy of the Karnataka government which does not allow surge pricing beyond 3x and pricing based on the time taken for the journey is to blame. Reportedly for a vehicle in Karnataka which costs Rs 5-10 lakh which is the bulk of the fleet, riders can’t be charged more than Rs 24/ km + GST. Second, there can’t be any time component as well. From a driver’s side, there is lower motivation to drive during the peak hours as there is more fuel expenditure and more time spent but not getting compensated adequately”.
Moreover Bengalureans have been experiencing longer waiting times or not getting a cab at all during office hours. The experience by commuters is similar for Ola as well, with both companies subjected to the same regulations and Ola refused to comment on the specific issue.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority