Reportedly there are more chances of Uber ride requests not getting completed in Bengaluru compared to any other city in india during peak hours. Accordingly to Uber, 40% of ride requests on Uber during peak hours in areas of high demand are not fulfilled. Compared to this, in hyderabad, the completion rate is much higher closer to 80% under very similar conditions as found by the company’s data science team. Meanwhile the number of unfinished rides includes cancellations made both by the driver and riders due to longer waiting times.
Furthermore for this, Uber claims that the existing policy of the Karnataka government which does not allow surge pricing beyond 3x and pricing based on the time taken for the journey is to blame. Reportedly for a vehicle in Karnataka which costs Rs 5-10 lakh which is the bulk of the fleet, riders can’t be charged more than Rs 24/ km + GST. Second, there can’t be any time component as well. From a driver’s side, there is lower motivation to drive during the peak hours as there is more fuel expenditure and more time spent but not getting compensated adequately”.
Moreover Bengalureans have been experiencing longer waiting times or not getting a cab at all during office hours. The experience by commuters is similar for Ola as well, with both companies subjected to the same regulations and Ola refused to comment on the specific issue.
Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response Sources from Srinagar stated that the recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received an overwhelming response with 6,500 youth from Jammu and Kashmir participating in it. Meanwhile the four day drive was organized by the Army to shortlist youth for 162 infantry battalion and the army said that as many as 550 youth had been shortlisted.
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut