According to sources the Dharmapuri police have filed an FIR against a man called Kalai Arasan from Harur, after he posted a video on social media, insulting social reformer periyar EV Ramasamy. Meanwhile the video, according to the police, showed a pair hands cutting a dung cake in front of a periyar poster and then throwing the slush on the leader's image.
Reportedly police tell TNM that Kalai Arasan is currently absconding and efforts are underway to find him. Meanwhile reports suggest that he is a member of the BJP, police say that his political affiliation is yet to be determined and the complaint against him was given by a local resident named Vediappan, who is a member of Dravidar Kazhagam. A police official involved in the investigation "They have cut this cake made out of dung and thrown it on the poster on periyar's birth anniversary. In addition to this, they have garlanded the periyar poster with slippers. We have already filed a case. We are on the lookout for the accused”.
Moreover a case has been filed under sections 153(A)1(a)(promoting disharmony), 505(1) (b) (intent to cause, or which is likely to cause, fear or alarm to the public) and 505(1) (c) (intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offence against any other class or community) of the Indian Penal Code.
Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below? Reportedly Mother D airy will sell tomatoes at Rs 55 per kg or below through its Safal retail outlets across the national capital region to provide relief to consumers, the government said on Friday after reviewing the prices of essential commodities. Presently tomatoes are available at Rs 60-80 per kg in the
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra