According to sources the Dharmapuri police have filed an FIR against a man called Kalai Arasan from Harur, after he posted a video on social media, insulting social reformer periyar EV Ramasamy. Meanwhile the video, according to the police, showed a pair hands cutting a dung cake in front of a periyar poster and then throwing the slush on the leader's image.
Reportedly police tell TNM that Kalai Arasan is currently absconding and efforts are underway to find him. Meanwhile reports suggest that he is a member of the BJP, police say that his political affiliation is yet to be determined and the complaint against him was given by a local resident named Vediappan, who is a member of Dravidar Kazhagam. A police official involved in the investigation "They have cut this cake made out of dung and thrown it on the poster on periyar's birth anniversary. In addition to this, they have garlanded the periyar poster with slippers. We have already filed a case. We are on the lookout for the accused”.
Moreover a case has been filed under sections 153(A)1(a)(promoting disharmony), 505(1) (b) (intent to cause, or which is likely to cause, fear or alarm to the public) and 505(1) (c) (intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offence against any other class or community) of the Indian Penal Code.
BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali Reportedly with its employee unions threatening a day long hunger strike on Friday over delayed salaries during the festival season, state run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has said that it is hopeful of paying salaries to its 1.76 lakh employees for September before Diwali. BSNL chairman and MD P.K. Purwar told "We will give salaries to the employees before Diwali from our own resources on accruals.
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR