According to sources the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday opposed former Finance Minister P chidambaram's bail plea filed in the delhi High Court in the INX Media case, on the grounds of "gravity of the offence and the magnitude of the financial embezzlement".
Reportedly in a reply filed on the chidambaram' petition, the CBI said that granting bail in "such cases will set a wrong precedent" in the corruption cases. When hearing on the petition filed by chidambaram, who is currently lodged Tihar Jail, is scheduled to take place on Monday. Furthermore on Thursday, a delhi court extended his till judicial custody to October 3 in the corruption case filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and he was arrested by the CBI on August 21 and was in its custody till September 5. On August 6, he was sent to judicial custody which was to end on Thursday.
Moreover chidambaram, through one of his counsels, sought the court's direction for a regular check-up and adequate supplement diet in the jail, asserting that he is facing various ailments and has lost some weight during his jail-term. Perhaps his counsel Kapil Sibal also said that the Congress leader was given even a chair or pillow in his cell.
P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that Senior Congress leader P. Chidambaram got a sigh of relief as the Apex Court granted bail to him in the INX Media corruption case lodged by the CBI. Meanwhile he was in Tihar jail from last two months and the Supreme Court delivered judgment on the plea by Chidambaram's counsel challenging the Delhi High Court's verdict denying him bail in the case.
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK