It seems that there is no end to political ‘Nataka' in Karnataka. After EC disqualifies 15 MLA, BS Yeddyurappa government might be in trouble.
After the disqualification of 15 rebel MLA's by-election commission, BS Yeddyurappa government receives a jolt. EC announced fresh elections for these constituencies. These bye-elections will be a litmus test for the ruling party, as they need to win at least six to stay in power.
The by-elections are scheduled on 21 of Oct., while counting will be held on 24, last day for nomination is 30 Sept. Most of disqualified lawmakers switched from Congress and JDS to help BJP form government in Karnataka after trust vote in the assembly.
Interestingly, none of the disqualified MLA's will get a chance once more to contest.
The strength of state assembly is presently 222, BJP has a majority of 106 members along with an independent MLA, the party will need another six seats to make sure they retain the power in the state. However, the disqualified lawmakers have approached the supreme court to quash their disqualification, if apex court doesn’t give them instant relief, they will not be able to contest the bye-elections.
Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man Indian origin human rights lawyer and Sikh leader would emerge as a kingmaker in Canadian parliament as Current government of Justin Trudeau fails to get a majority in 338-seat house of common in the country. They fell short of 20 seats. Liberal Party headed by Justin Trudeau fell short of majority in Canadian parliament, Indian born Sikh leader Jagmeet Singh's party New Democratic party which came fourth in results is likely to support the party to form the government. Singh who is 40 years
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?