Reportedly besides the optics of diplomacy and showcasing the power of the Indian diaspora, Prime Minister Narendra modi's visit to Houston in Texas has significance. Meanwhile it lies in the history of Texas and the united states on one hand, and a likeness with Jammu and Kashmir and india on the other.
Furthermore the Kashmir connection in PM modi's Houston visit was evident in the way nri Kashmiri Pandits greeted the PM in his first visit to the US after the scrapping of the special status of Jammu and Kashmir granted under Article 370 of the Constitution. It is just like Jammu and Kashmir was not a part of india at the time of Independence, Texas was not part of the United States of America when it was formed.
Earlier Texas was part of mexico till 1836 and it rebelled against mexico and declared independence in 1836 as the Republic of Texas. Moroever Houston, the fourth most populous city of the US and most populous in Texas, is named after Samuel Houston and the Republic of Texas under Houston passed a resolution for a merger with the US. The major political parties of the US were initially very skeptical about the move and opposed the accession of Texas to the US.
Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car Telangana Police had seized AP CM Jagan Car. Shocking is not it? On Saturday, vehicle number AP 10 BD 7299 was found driving without a proper registration number plate. Instead, it had put both at the front and the back, AP CM JAGAN in bold letters as its calling card.
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali