According to sources a high level meeting of ministers and officials convened by kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in Thiruvananthapuram had decided to explore the areas where the increased penalty rates under the amended Motor Vehicle Act can be brought down to an ‘affordable’ level. The Transport Minister AK Saseendran said that a draft will be prepared detailing the penalties that can be brought down by the state.
He said "We are exploring multiple options," the minister said, adding that a final decision is yet to be taken”. Furthermore the report quoted government sources who said that there are as many as eight points where the state can reduce the penalty to a more rational sum from the existing ones.
He added "The priority areas, which the state will try to fix by itself, are those penalties where the amended act has given a range of fines with a maximum upper limit up to which the penalty can be imposed”. Moreover it was decided in the meeting that the transport secretary will be entrusted to prepare a draft and make another round of deliberations before finalizing the revised penalty and the draft will be finalized after consultation with the law department.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach