New delhi sources stated that Congress president sonia gandhi and former Prime Minister manmohan Singh arrived at Tihar jail to meet former union minister P chidambaram on Monday. Meanwhile chidambaram's son Karti chidambaram also arrived at the jail to meet his father today and chidambaram was arrested by the CBI on 21 August and is at present in judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
Presently he is facing a probe by the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for alleged irregularities in the Foreign Investment Promotion Board clearance given to INX Media to the tune of Rs 305 crore in 2007 when he was the union finance minister. Furthermore a delhi court on Thursday extended chidambaram's judicial custody till 3 October in the corruption case filed by the CBI. After the meeting, chidambaram's family put out a tweet from his handle on his behalf saying "I have asked my family to tweet on my behalf the following I am honored that Smt. sonia gandhi and Dr. manmohan Singh called on me today. As long as the @INCIndia party is strong and brave, I will also be strong and brave."
Moreover Congress has maintained that chidambaram's arrest is a witch hunt by the central government. P chidambaram was sent to Tihar jail by the Rouse Avenue Court. Apparently a bail application has been filed by the lawyers of P chidambaram before the delhi High Court. However the CBI has opposed bail to former Finance Minister P chidambaram on the grounds that it will be "against the zero tolerance policy on corruption".
Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor New Delhi sources stated that a thick layer of haze lingered over the national capital on Monday morning as its air quality index deteriorated further, touching the 239 mark in several areas such as Jahagirpuri, Punjabi Bagh and Wazirpur. Meanwhile according to data provided by aqicn.org, which offers real-time air quality index for more than 60 countries in the world, the pollution level in the city has plunged with the Air Quality Index (AQI) oscillating between 'moderate' to ‘poor' category.
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case