Reportedly Howdy modi is one of the highlights of the Prime Minister’s seven day tour in the US. Meanwhile as a special gesture, US President Donald Trump, too, will share the stage with modi at the event. Furthermore as part of the event, he addressed 50,000 Indian-Americans in Houston, reportedly the largest gathering ever for a foreign leader visiting the country. The crowd at Houston is expected to be larger than modi’s US visit in 2014 during the Obama era, where about 19,000 people had turned up.
Furthermore according to the Pew Research Center analysis of US Census data, the united states is home to about 4 million Indian-Americans, including about 300,000 in Houston and nearby Dallas and the event is being organized by the Texas india Forum (TIF), Inc. Perhaps according to the official website of Howdy modi, TIF is a not-for-profit organization that brings together Indian-American organizations and institutions in order to promote collaboration within the region and develop opportunities for engagement with india.
Moreover the event comes on the sidelines of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 74) in New York, where the Indian Prime Minister is expected to have a face-off with his Pakistani counterpart imran khan over Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile, people from Sindh, Baloch and Pashto groups, too, from across the US are protesting outside the stadium to draw the attention of modi and Donald Trump for independence from pakistan.
Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh In an innovative move by EC today issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter of the day in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Bypolls for assembly elections are undergoing in the state. Election commission of India initiated a novel way to encourage the voters to exercise their franchise enthusiastically, they issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter in Manikpur polling booth in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Uma Shankar was the first voter in the morn
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana
- TSRTC JAC announced Huge Public Meeting on October 30
- Decision on the status of Pakistan be taken by FATF in February 2020
- IMD predicts Heavy rain in Coastal AP
- First of the ten metro trains proposed for Chennai phase I extension reached