Reportedly after several years of discussions, talks on a second airport in Chennai may finally bear fruit with the state government short listing six new locations for the same. Meanwhile the newly shortlisted locations for a second city airport included Thiruporur, Cheyyar, Vallathur, Thodur, Maduramangalam and Mappedu.
Presently the state government is also likely to hold talks with officials of the Airports Authority of india to decide which location would be the most feasible to build a second airport and a site visit and inspection too is likely to be held. Furthermore the land requirement for the new airport is around 2000 to 2500 acres and the locations were shortlisted from a bunch of places that were initially identified. Perhaps one of the places was identified around two months ago but failed to be approved by the AAI for technical reasons and lack of suitability.
Moreover the city needs a second airport due to the existing airport getting saturated due to the increasing air traffic. Hence with the Chennai airport’s phase-2 modernization project being completed in the next two years, the airports passenger capacity may see an increase from 18 million to 35 million. Moreover the increasing air traffic has made it necessary to identify a new location for a second airport.
Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor New Delhi sources stated that a thick layer of haze lingered over the national capital on Monday morning as its air quality index deteriorated further, touching the 239 mark in several areas such as Jahagirpuri, Punjabi Bagh and Wazirpur. Meanwhile according to data provided by aqicn.org, which offers real-time air quality index for more than 60 countries in the world, the pollution level in the city has plunged with the Air Quality Index (AQI) oscillating between 'moderate' to ‘poor' category.
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case