As per report the Karnataka government had reduced the high traffic fines introduced as per the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 at the start of the month. Meanwhile this was confirmed in a notification issued by the Transport Department specifying the new reduced fines for traffic violations.
Furthermore penalties for riders not wearing a helmet and seat belt was both reduced to Rs 500 from Rs 1000 and the fine for driving without a license was reduced from Rs 5000 to Rs 1000 for two-wheelers and three-wheelers and Rs 2000 for 4-wheelers. Reportedly while there were a number of fines reduced in the notification issued by the Transport Department in the state, the fines for crimes like over speeding, drunken driving and racing remained unchanged.
Moreover the fine for over speeding (Rs 1000 to Rs 2000) also remains unchanged. Perhaps the fines for racing and trials of speed under section 189 of the MV Act was retained at Rs 5000 and there was also no revised fines specified under Section 185 of the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, which lays down a penalty of Rs 10,000 for riders caught driving under the influence of alcohol and the fine for driving without an insurance was reduced from Rs 2000 to Rs 1000 for two-wheelers. The same fine will be Rs 2000 for 4-wheelers and Rs 4000 for heavy goods vehicles.
IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories Reportedly the subscribers to the initial public offering (IPO) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) are now eagerly waiting for the allotment of shares, which was concluded yesterday, as market experts predict a bumper listing for the PSU (public sector unit) stock. Meanwhile the IRCTC IPO had closed on October 3 and was subscribed nearly 112 times on the back of strong demand across investor categories.
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today