Reportedly UK travel giant Thomas Cook has declared for bankruptcy after its last attempt to resuscitate its business fell flat. Meanwhile the 178 year old operator had been seeking $250 million from private investors to save it from collapse. Thomas Cook said in a statement "Despite considerable efforts, those discussions have not resulted in agreement between the company's stakeholders and proposed new money providers".
Meanwhile the company said that its board has concluded that there's no other option but to proceed towards compulsory liquidation with immediate effect. Furthermore following the collapse of the travel company, the UK government hired planes to fly an estimated 150,000 holidaymakers back home free of charge. A statement mentioned "Following the collapse of Thomas Cook and the cancellation of all its flights, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has announced that the government and UK Civil Aviation Authority has hired dozens of charter planes to fly customers home free of charge".
Moreover Thomas Cook chief executive Peter Fankhauser called it a "deeply sad day". Reportedly the firm was created in 1841 by cabinet maker Thomas Cook in order to carry temperance supporters by train between British cities and it soon began arranging foreign trips, being the first operator to take British travelers on escorted visits to Europe in 1855, to the united states in 1866 and on round the world trips in 1872.
Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally? As per report the Congress' sudden and unexplained cancellation of Sonia Gandhi's rally at Mahendragarh in Haryana this afternoon and subsequent deletion of the tweet related to it, has become fodder in the hands of speculators. Meanwhile this was to be her first public rally after returning to the post of party president in August.
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations