Reportedly former Chief Minister and Congress leader Siddaramaiah was appointed as the Leader of Opposition in the Karnataka Assembly on Wednesday by Congress President Sonia Gandhi. Meanwhile the post of Leader of Opposition was vacant for over two months with the party consulting with several leaders on their preference for the post.
Apparently former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was one of the front runners for the post alongside senior Congress leader HK Patil. Furthermore the appointment comes ahead of the legislature session of the Karnataka Assembly beginning on Thursday and it is set to continue for three days from October 10 to 12. Moreover after the disqualifications of 17 Congress and JD(S) MLAs, the strength of the house has reduced to 208, and the BJP has the support of 105 MLAs and Independent MLA H nagesh and there are 66 Congress MLAs and 34 JD(S) MLAs along with a lone BSP MLA in the house.
Apparently opposition leaders have stated that they will take up the issue of the lack of flood rehabilitation funds for the state and the legislature session was scheduled to be held in Belagavi, just like last year, however it was shifted to Bengaluru. The reason cited for the decision was the devastation caused by the floods in Belagavi.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time