Reportedly as the state government looks at partly privatizing TSRTC, it will be adopting a similar model to meet 30% of the state's demand for public transport. Currently, there are 10,400 buses running in the state. Meanwhile as per CM KCR’s plan, half of these buses 5,200 will be operated exclusively by TSRTC, where 30% of the fleet 3,100 buses will be taken on hire and will run under TSRTC’s supervision and another 20% of the service demand will be met by private operators on contract. At present, 21% of the TSRTC’s fleet is hired.
Accordingly a former senior official with the TSRTC on the condition of anonymity says the path to privatization of the TSRTC would create new challenges. Perhaps "Some powers have to be given to the TSRTC to regulate the private operators. At present, if a passenger has a complaint, they can reach out to the depot manager. When private operators come in, who will be accountable for what has to be detailed. Hence this idea of privatization may work initially, but we have to see how sustainable it is in the long run".
The researcher said "TSRTC's fleet cannot be 10,000 odd buses forever. It has to grow, at least to 15,000 buses. hyderabad alone needs 3,000 more buses and about 600 buses each in Warangal and Nizamabad alone. Warangal will be a million plus city in population by next census and it has only 3 or 4 city bus routes, it is pathetic”.
Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally? As per report the Congress' sudden and unexplained cancellation of Sonia Gandhi's rally at Mahendragarh in Haryana this afternoon and subsequent deletion of the tweet related to it, has become fodder in the hands of speculators. Meanwhile this was to be her first public rally after returning to the post of party president in August.
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations