With just nine days left for the Haryana Assembly polls, the four constituencies of Gurugram have registered 2.08 lakh, new voters. Amit Khatri, the District Magistrate, and Returning Officer of Gurugram, said that the maximum number of voters were added in the Badshahpur constituency followed by Gurugram, Sohna and Pataudi.
"In the 2014 Assembly elections, there were 9.96 lakh voters registered with the Election Commission. Now, it has reached 12.08 lakh with 6,35,797 male and 5,69,218 female voters," he said. The official, however, added that the addition of new voters between 2009-2014 was much higher than this. In that period, 5.15 lakh voters were added to the list.
Khatri said that 1.22 lakh voters were added in Gurugram in the last six months since the 2019 parliamentary polls to the upcoming October 21 Assembly elections.
The Badshahpur constituency comprises 70 percent urban and 30 percent rural voters. It has a total of 3.95 lakh voters with 2.08 lakh male and 1.86 lakh females. Besides 78,897 new voters were added in the list. In Gurugram, a total of 3.61 lakh voters have registered with Election Commission with 1.89 lakh males and 1.71 lakh females. The number of new voters added in the list is 65,141.
Sohna and Pataudi were considered as rural constituencies with 2.28 lakh and 2.19 lakh voters, respectively. Sohna has 1.22 lakh male and 1.06 lakh female voters. In Pataudi, 1.15 lakh males, and 1.04 lakh female voters were eligible to cast their ballots.Elections to the 90 (Ninty)-member Haryana Assembly will be held on October 21. Counting of the votes will take place on October 24.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time