Lord Ganesha is one of the most worshipped Hindu deity and he is worshipped by most of the people. It is known that Lord Ganesha was guarding his mother and when Shiva tried to enter, Lord Ganesha stopped even his own father. This ensued into a duel, which saw Lord Shiva cutting off Lord Ganesha’s head.
But there are still few tales which convey that Lord Ganesha has lost his cool. Yeah, once Ganesha cursed a moon and even Lord Krishna. Once in the homeland of Lord Krishna, Dwaraka, lived a mighty King Satrajita, who was a great devotee of Lord Sun.
As he worshipped with all his heart, he was given a powerful gem called Syamantaka. As per belief, whoever worshipped the gem will be blessed with gold in return. One day Lord Krishna came to see this amazing gem but Satrajit never allowed him to see it.
While eating Lord Krishna saw the reflection of crescent moon (cursed by Lord Ganesha), he sensed that he too will have to bear the curse of Lord Ganesha, according to whom anyone of see Moon on its fourth, will have false accusations and defamation befallen on them. We will continue more with respect to this story tomorrow.
Auspicious Friday, the day for Goddess Durham Sri Durgaya Namah” This mantra is of Goddess Durga the combined form of the powers of Lakshmi, Saraswati and kali. By enchanting this mantra all the physical, mental, economic problems are solved. Read the following every Friday, o my devi maa ! . please bless me with your infinite power and please make my life ideal,
- Ringing bells in Hindu temple has scientific reasons
- How to be respectful when visiting a temple?
- Hindus plunges into River Ganges to wash out their sins
- How to please Lord Venkateswara on Saturdays?
- Muslims across World keeps Holy Fast from Sunrise to Sunset
- What makes Ramadan very special for Muslims?
- What and all should be prohibited during the month of Ramadan?
- Do you know? How women get ready for Ramzan?