Ganesh Chaturthi is the festival celebrated by Hindus across the world in honour of Lord Ganesha (the God with the head of an elephant). When the festivities end (this year, it will culminate on September 13), the idols are immersed in a large bodies of water where they disintegrate over time.
The Ganesh idol can be installed between 6:28 to 8:00. Ganesh Pooja is preferred during Madhyanhana on Ganesh Chaturthi as it is believed that Lord Ganesh was born during Madhyahana Kaal which is between 14:09 and 15:42.
The Muhurut time specified above is the best Muhurut to perform the Ganesh Puja and to perform any work. The festival is celebrated with great devotion all over India. People often bring home new idols of Lord Ganesha and they celebrate it by worshiping him in a special way.
On the last day of worship the idol is taken out in a colourful and musical procession and it will be immersed on the beach. It is celebrated throughout India, especially in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The primary sweet dish during the festival is modak (Kozhukotai).
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi folks !
Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life Here you can find some secret mantras of Goddess Maa Durga particularly overcoming too many types of problems, and getting better life of using them. Om Hreeng Dung Durgaayai Namah - This Mantra helps one in attaining all types of Siddhis. It is considered most effective and secret Mantra and has power to fulfill all suitable desires.
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture
- Do you know about Sabarimala Vratham?
- Worshiping Lord Shiva the Lord of Power gives us energy
- Among all 12 Months, God resides in the month of Margazhi