The moon is growing after the new moon day. One is not able to see the 2nd kalai of the moon as it is so thin, but can view the 3rd.' There is a great tatwartha on seeing the 3rd day waxing crescent moon. It is visible in the western sky after sunset for a brief period only. Also the sky should be clear without clouds.
Chandra is the lord of the mind. Like waxing and waning of moon mind is also having oscillations with up and down. Seeing Chandra on Chandra Darshan is similar to seeing Jothi on Sabari Mountain. Jothi swarupa God is represented by this Chandra Darshan. Lord Shiva has this crescent moon on his head.
Without seeing the 3rd phase of the moon, seeing the 4th
phase moon (the next day) is inauspicious the 4th day. Darshan of 3rd day
waxing crescent moon is very old custom and this is available in ancient Tamil
Sangam literature. Agananooru, Maduraikanji and Kurunthogai had verses on this
'Auspicious Moon Seeing' (Chandra Darshan').
Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god! In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture
- Do you know about Sabarimala Vratham?
- Worshiping Lord Shiva the Lord of Power gives us energy