Thanjavur Brihadeeswara temple is one of the most ancient temples, situated in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. Thanjavur named after the legendary asura "Tanjan", is one of the ancient temples in India. In ancient days, Thanjavur known as “The rice bowl of Tamil Nadu,” was an important city to the ancient Cholas.
The most interesting part of this temple is the shadow of the temple, which surprisingly never falls on the ground at noon. The Brihadeshwar Temple is one of the tallest temples in the world and is so designed that the viman does not cast a shadow at noon during any part of the year.
At the entrance of sanctum sanctum, one
can see the two idols of Ganesha in the corridor. On taping the two, you
will feel the sound traveling through stone in one idol and through metal on
The main hall of the temple is said to have been used by the dancers and musicians performing in service of Shiva.
Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism A woman must come from a family of equal rank with that of her husband, a house that is known around for being nobility and chaste. She must be wise and learned about worldly happenings, her being educated ensures enlightenment of the society and her family. A woman, who is cautious about her surrounding and is well-behaved with people from lower
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture
- Do you know about Sabarimala Vratham?