Ugadi, a New Year celebration in states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka, falls on March 28 this year. As India is known for its versatile culture and the way it is celebrated, even the New Year fest has different names and times in different parts of the country. A festival that is known by the name of Gudi Parva in Maharashtra is celebrated as Ugadi in some other states.
Clear with its name Udagi or Yugadi, which is literally translated as the start of the new calendar Yug (new) and adi (the beginning), falls on the first day of Chitra the first month in Hindi calendar? The festival is celebrated with high spirits, new clothes and abundance of some mouth-watering traditional cuisines. People begin with preparation of the festival well in advance and the day starts with taking a head bath before break of dawn.
They also wear new and
traditional clothes and prepare a special dish called ‘Ugadi Pachadi’ for
relatives and friends. The dish is made using some seasonal ingredients
including raw mango, neem, jaggery, tamarind and also has chilly and salt in
it. These different ingredients signify varied flavors of life such as
happiness, sorrow, anger, bitterness, surprise and fear. The dish is eaten on
this special day to remind ourselves about life and the verity of emotions that
comes along. The idea is to learn how to stay composed during all these phases
Ugadi celebration also includes an almanac reading out of ‘panchangam’ by the eldest member of the family or a learned priest, who typically makes predictions for the upcoming year. The predictions are made out of the moon signs.
Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning If you please the Goddess Saraswati she can grant you with a lot of knowledge and talents. The people who are affected by Rahu must worship the goddess Saraswati regularly. She is the mother of the Vedas. Some say that she is the daughter of Lord Shiva and goddess Durga. Some also say that she came out from the mouth of Lord Brahma. She was very beautiful and Brahma considered her as the most beautiful creation of his. She is associated with the moon and lotus both of which are signs of eternal
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality