Ganesha is the God of prosperity, good luck and success. Know as the Vighnaharta, Ganesha blesses his devotees with prosperity and fortune. Ganesha Chaturdashi is an important festival for Hindus and is celebrated with fun and frolic all across the India.
Ganesha is the elephant-headed lord, worshiped prior to the beginning of any new work or venture. His name is chanted to gain fortunes and an image of Lord Ganesha is often worshiped before weddings or any auspicious event. People keep the idol or image of lord Ganesh at their doorstep to get positive vibrations in the house.
There are many ways you can impress Ganesha and the easiest way is
worshiping him on a Wednesday with plate full of Modak. Offering sindoor to
Lord Ganesha on Wednesday can help you in eradicating all your grief, pain and
suffering, since Ganesha loves sindoor as well. Devotees of Lord Ganesha
usually place his idol at homes. Keeping Ganesha idol in north east direction
of your house will bring good luck.
Hindus follows special fasting days of the week It is observed for the Lord Sun or Surya. Red is the color of this day. It is believed that this fast helps you in fulfilling desires. People suffering from skin diseases also observe this fast to get rid of it. Extra importance is given to cleanliness of the body and surroundings. Red flowers are offered for prayers and red colored sandalwood tilak is applied on the forehead.
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality
- Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism