Valmiki Jayanti is being observed on 5th of October every year. Adi Kavi Maharishi Valmiki is the first Sanskrit Poet in India and he is the great author of 'Ramayana'. Ramayana consists of 24000 verses and 7 cantos. Most of the Hindus firmly believe that Valmiki existed in the same era as Lord Rama.
As per Hindu Lunar calendar, his Jayanti is celebrated on the full moon night in the Hindu month of Ashwina. Ramayana is one of the great epics which is recited by devotees. Valmiki was a highway dacoit in his early stages and then he changed his path after becoming a devotee of Lord Rama.
Now, his birth anniversary is celebrated as Valmiki Jayanti. Devotees will decorate Maharishi Valmiki's temples with flowers and light with deepams. The biggest temple for Valmiki is in Chennai at Tiruvanmiyur. It is 1300 years old and the area itself is called as Valmiki Nagar. There are several preachings of Valmiki and every one of them teaches us devotion and dedication.
Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple? Thanjavur Brihadeeswara temple is one of the most ancient temples, situated in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. Thanjavur named after the legendary asura "Tanjan", is one of the ancient temples in India. In ancient days, Thanjavur known as “The rice bowl of Tamilnadu,” was an important city to the ancient Cholas.
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality
- Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018