- Virupaksha Temple
temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva (Virupaksha), the temple is extensively
famous for its tall gopuram, grand architecture and intricate carvings. The
temple, built in the 7 century underwent a lot of additions by various rulers
that ruled the kingdom, to display their power.
2. Meenakshi Amman Temple
Meenakshi Temple is dedicated to Parvati and her consort, Lord Shiva. Also called Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, this architectural marvel is a throbbing centre of culture and art. The present structure, built between 1623 and 1655 CE, was on the list of top 30 nominees for the “New Seven Wonders of the World.”
3. Venkateswara Temple
Situated in the hill town of Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh, Sri Venkateswar Swamy Temple is one of the famous and majestic South Indian temples. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is also known as Tirupathi Balaji temple.
4. Brihadeshwara Temple
A splendid example of Tamil architecture under the Chola Dynasty, the Brihadeeshwar temple is located in the city of Thanjavur. One of the most famous South Indian temples, it is a part of “Great Living Chola Temples”.
Hindu Gods married to teach moral values It is true that God is often depicted with a spouse in our traditional stories. However, on a deeper philosophical level, the Supreme Being and the Gods are neither male nor female and are therefore not married. In popular, village Hinduism God is represented as male, and God's energy, or Shakti, is personified as His spouse-for example, Vishnu and Lakshmi. God is everywhere seen as the beloved, divine couple.
- Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism