Deepawali or Diwali is the biggest and the brightest of all Hindu festivals. It is the festival of lights: deep means "light" and avali "a row," or "a row of lights." Diwali is marked by four days of celebration, which literally illuminates the country with its brilliance and dazzles all with its joy. The Diwali festival occurs in late October or early November. It falls on the 15th day of the Hindu month, Kartik, so it varies every year.
All of the simple rituals of Diwali have significance and a story to tell.
Homes are illuminated with lights and firecrackers fill the skies as an
expression of respect to the heavens for the attainment of health, wealth,
knowledge, peace, and prosperity. According to one belief, the sound of
firecrackers indicates the joy of the people living on earth, making the gods
aware of their plentiful state.
Diwali can be traced back to ancient India. It most likely began as an
important harvest festival. However, there are various legends pointing to
the origin of Diwali. Some believe it to be the celebration of the marriage of
Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, with Lord Vishnu. Others use it as a celebration
of her birthday as Lakshmi is said to have been born on the new moon day of
Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018 TOTAL PILGRIMS HAD DARSHAN ON 21-01-2018: 83,687. Vaikuntam Que Complex Situation at SITUATION AT 06.00 AM ON 22-01-2018 NO.OF COMPARTMENTS WAITING IN VQC-II: 07. APPROXIMATE TIME FOR SARVA DARSHAN: 04 TO 05 HOURS.
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture