Naga Chaturthi is the festival of Snake God and it is celebrated every year on the fourth day after Diwali in the month of Karthika. Nagu means Snake and Chavithi mean the fourth day of Amavasya and it is mainly a women's festival.
Women wake up early and do a head bath without any soap or shampoo. Women will be on fasting for the whole day. This Pooja is done by women for the better health of their children and the prosperity of the family. For those who are familiar with astrology, a planet Rahu represents Snake and the effects of Raju can be rectified by worshipping the snakes.
And for those who don't know, kindly don't offer milk as Snakes don't drink milk. This should be avoided as that may lead to the death of snake and it is considered as a bad sentiment. So just do milk abishekams to Snake idols and don't burst crackers
Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life Here you can find some secret mantras of Goddess Maa Durga particularly overcoming too many types of problems, and getting better life of using them. Om Hreeng Dung Durgaayai Namah - This Mantra helps one in attaining all types of Siddhis. It is considered most effective and secret Mantra and has power to fulfill all suitable desires.
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture
- Do you know about Sabarimala Vratham?
- Worshiping Lord Shiva the Lord of Power gives us energy
- Among all 12 Months, God resides in the month of Margazhi