According to sources Nakshatra during the month of Aippasi, offering rice Annam to Lord Shiva would help yielding good production of crop, economic progress, and development of kingdom (Rajya Abhivruddhi). Hence Annabishekam (special abishekam with cooked rice) is an annual affair during the full moon day of Tamil Month Aippasi, being performed in several Temple.
Today Diwali is celebrated by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs across the globe as the "Festival of Light," in the month of aippasi where the lights or lamps signify victory of good over the evil within every human being. The festival is also celebrated by Buddhists of Nepal, particularly the Newar Buddhists. To have a wealthy and comfortable life, one has to perform Sri Lakshmi Kubera Pooja especially during Deepawali festival days (Amavasya day).
Skanda Sashti is observed on the sixth day of the bright fortnight of the
Tamil month of Aippasi. This day is dedicated to the Lord Subramanya
(Karthikeya), the festival commences six days before the Sashti day and concludes
on the day of the Sashti. The story of Skanda is found among others in the
Kumara Tantra, (kaumaaram) Mahabharatha, Ramayana, and Shiva Purana and is
retold in Kalidasa's Kumara Sambhavam.
Hindu Gods married to teach moral values It is true that God is often depicted with a spouse in our traditional stories. However, on a deeper philosophical level, the Supreme Being and the Gods are neither male nor female and are therefore not married. In popular, village Hinduism God is represented as male, and God's energy, or Shakti, is personified as His spouse-for example, Vishnu and Lakshmi. God is everywhere seen as the beloved, divine couple.
- Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism