Accordingly Nandi is regarded as the gatekeeper and protector of Shiva as well as Shiva’s consort the Hindu Goddess Parvati. He can be found in many temples dedicated to Shiva throughout Asia seated and facing the main temple as protector. His name, Nandi, is even used as metaphor meaning “to stand in the way of”. It is said that one must first gain the approval of Nandi before being allowed worship of Lord Shiva himself.
Moreover he was said to be bull-faced with a body much like his hallowed Shiva, but with 4 hands. Two hands holding axe and antelope, and the other two joined in homage. In this human form he is known as Nandikeshwara.
It is said that many women visit these large Nandi statues outside temples
throughout the world and decorate him with flowers and touch his stone in
order gain fertility. Many worshipers who flock to his side also often
whisper to in him in order to announce their hopes and dreams hoping Nandi
relays their message on to Shiva.
Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018 TOTAL PILGRIMS HAD DARSHAN ON 21-01-2018: 83,687. Vaikuntam Que Complex Situation at SITUATION AT 06.00 AM ON 22-01-2018 NO.OF COMPARTMENTS WAITING IN VQC-II: 07. APPROXIMATE TIME FOR SARVA DARSHAN: 04 TO 05 HOURS.
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture