Deivam or kula devatha (Family deity) is worshiped traditionally through generations (at least by 3 generations) of the family, ancestral god, the deity worshiped by our forefathers and relatives. Hence the deity will have more affinity to the families to which it is deity and will take care of our family and save us from hardships and obstacles. This deity can be any one of the Hindu deities.
The family deity for every family will be from one of these deities or the deities of one of the incarnations or aspects of these deities. The deity need not be in the place where the family house is presently situated as families might have migrated from one place to another. Kula Deivam is the guardian angel. Kulam means family and Deivam means god. This will be the main deity of the temple in ones ancestral village or town, though there may be other temples also nearby to this.
Kula Deivam is a deity of the ancestral village for
generations after generations and where all members of the family do special
offerings and is supposed to worship on special and important occasions like
child birth, marriage or marriage anniversaries, buying house etc. Where the
members of the family do not know which is their family deity and there is no
chance to find out, they may be to go to a good and reputable astrologer and
find out thorough he horoscope.
'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality Gayatri Mantra is the basic prayer for Hindu brahmins, especially men who wear a janeyu, and by reciting the four lines of the mantra, they are invoking the mother goddess represented by savitri or sun god. Thus it is recited at sunrise or sunset.
- Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi