India Herald team wishing you and your family 'A Happy and Prosperous New Year 2018'. May this New Year bring prosperity, enlightenment, happiness and a healthy life. HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR 2018.
Makar Sankranthi January 14
This day dedicated to the worship of Lord Surya (Sun God). Appropriate Mantra (Gayatri Mantra): "Om, Bhur Bhuvah Svah,Tat Savitur Varenyam Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi,Dhiyo Yo nah Prachodayat." Transliteration in English: "O thou existence Absolute, Creator of the three dimensions, we contemplate upon thy divine light.
Maha Shivaratri on13 February
The night of the worship of Lord Shiva with the appropriate Mantra:"Om tryambakam yajamahe, sugandhim pushtivardhanam,Urvarukamiva bandhanan, Mrityor mukshiya maamritat." Transliteration : "We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Siva) Who is fragrant and Who nourishes well all beings; may He liberate us from death for the sake of immortality even as the cucumber is severed from its bondage.
Ram Navami on 25 March
Birthday of Lord Rama and the appropriate Mantra is "Om Apadamapa Hataram, Dataram Sarva Sampadam, Loka Bhi Ramam Sri Ramam, Bhuyo Bhuyo Namamyaham." 'Om, Oh most compassionate Rama, please send your healing energy right here to the earth, to the earth.’
How to celebrate Tamil Month Aadi 18? Accordingly Aadi 18/ Aadi Perukku are a festival observed on the 18th day in Tamil month Aadi. It is also known as Pathinettam perukku or Aadi perukku in Tamil. This year 2017, it falls on August 3rd. Aadi perukku is a unique South Indian festival that marks the beginning of Tamil festivals in Tamilnadu. It is observed on the 18th day of Tamil month Aadi.
- CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas
- Surya consider it as Sun God for Good Prosperity
- Do Hindus consider Moon as God and worships it?
- Tamil Month Aani and its Divine Festivals
- Importance of doing Kumbhabhishekam in Temple
- Who is the Hindu God of Medicine?
- Never Keep God Hanuman statue opening his chest