The moon is growing after the new moon day. One is not able to see the 2nd kalai of the moon as it is so thin, but can view the 3rd.' There is a great tatwartha on seeing the 3rd day waxing crescent moon. It is visible in the western sky after sunset for a brief period only. Also the sky should be clear without clouds.
Chandra is the lord of the mind. Like waxing and waning of moon mind is also having oscillations with up and down. Seeing Chandra on Chandra Darshan is similar to seeing Jothi on Sabari Mountain. Jothi swarupa God is represented by this Chandra Darshan. Lord Shiva has this crescent moon on his head.
seeing the 3rd phase of the moon, seeing the 4th phase moon (the next day) is
inauspicious the 4th day. Darshan of 3rd day waxing crescent moon is very
old custom and this is available in ancient Tamil Sangam literature.
Agananooru, Maduraikanji and Kurunthogai had verses on this 'Auspicious Moon
Seeing' (Chandra Darshan').
Do you know story about broken tusk of Ganesha? Lord Ganesha was very happy. His devotees had given him plenty of sweets and he had taken as many as he could and stuffed himself with quiet a lot sweets as he was walking home. Naturally Ganesha was traveling on his vehicle the mouse, and the two of them scurried along, back home.
- Some facts about Shani Dev
- Importance of Avani Avittam festival
- Why Hindus worship many God's?
- Scientific Reasons to be followed while visiting temple
- Why we remove footwear before entering Temple?
- Why Hindu Gods shown in Blue Colors?
- Tamil people consider Aadi Perukku as Auspicious
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Shakti
- Guru Purnima 2018: Why we have to celebrate it? All the Facts you need to know
- Why Tamil Month Aadi not good for Weddings
- Hindu Goddess Sakthi, the Universally Force
- How to celebrate Tamil Month Aadi 18?
- CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu