It is natural to unknowingly approach Hinduism with foreign notions of God, soul, heaven, hell and sin in mind. We translate brahman as God, atman as soul, papa as sin, dharma as religion. But brahman is not the same as God; atman is not equivalent to the soul, papa is not sin and dharma is much more than mere religion.
Hinduism is a way of life, a dharma. Dharma does not mean religion; it is the law that governs all action. Hinduism was not founded by one person, it does not have a core doctrine, there is no central authority, it does not require followers to accept any one idea, and no one can agree on when or even where it began. In reality, Hindus worship a reminder of God. No Hindu will say he or she is worshiping an idol.
Hindus believe a physical representation of God in the form of an idol which
helps them focus on an aspect of prayer or meditation. For instance, a person
who has just opened up a new business may worship Ganesh, the elephant god who
represents success. The images of Gods and Goddesses, or murtis, are used as
focal points to help aid in meditation and prayer.
Golu tips to be followed this Navaratri Reports added dolls like animals, birds should be kept in last row. Dolls like chettiar, conductor, like normal human beings should be in the next step. Dolls like Ramana, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, other Mahans should be kept next and dolls like incarnations Dasavathara, Krishna, Rama should be kept next.
- Positive attitude brings Success during Navaratri
- Ravana burning in Dussehra culture!
- This is the Beginning of Worship in Dussehra festival
- Worship Shani Dev every Saturday for Prosperity
- Significance of Mahalaya Amavasya or Pitru Paksha
- Purattasi Month Saturdays auspicious days for Wealth Creation
- Worship Lord Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- Navaratri Festival dedicated to Goddess Durga
- How to observe Sani Pradhosha Vradha?
- Why do Hindus don't eat Beef?
- Know these important festivals of Purattasi Month
- Why do Hindus don't eat meat during Purattasi Month?
- Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?