It is natural to unknowingly approach Hinduism with foreign notions of God, soul, heaven, hell and sin in mind. We translate brahman as God, atman as soul, papa as sin, dharma as religion. But brahman is not the same as God; atman is not equivalent to the soul, papa is not sin and dharma is much more than mere religion.
Hinduism is a way of life, a dharma. Dharma does not mean religion; it is the law that governs all action. Hinduism was not founded by one person, it does not have a core doctrine, there is no central authority, it does not require followers to accept any one idea, and no one can agree on when or even where it began. In reality, Hindus worship a reminder of God. No Hindu will say he or she is worshiping an idol.
Hindus believe a physical representation of God in the form of an idol which
helps them focus on an aspect of prayer or meditation. For instance, a person
who has just opened up a new business may worship Ganesh, the elephant god who
represents success. The images of Gods and Goddesses, or murtis, are used as
focal points to help aid in meditation and prayer.
Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple? Thanjavur Brihadeeswara temple is one of the most ancient temples, situated in the city of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, India. Thanjavur named after the legendary asura "Tanjan", is one of the ancient temples in India. In ancient days, Thanjavur known as “The rice bowl of Tamilnadu,” was an important city to the ancient Cholas.
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality
- Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018