Dattatreya or Datta is considered by Hindus to be god who is an incarnation of the Divine Trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. The word Datta means "Given", Datta is called so because the divine trinity has "given" themselves in the form of a son to the sage couple Atri and Anasuya. He is the son of Atri, hence the name "Atreya."
In the Nath tradition, Dattatreya is recognized as an Avatar or incarnation of the Lord Shiva and as the Adi-Guru (First Teacher) of the Adinath Sampradaya of the Nathas. Although Dattatreya was at first a "Lord of Yoga" exhibiting distinctly tantric traits, he was adapted and assimilated into the more 'devotional' Vaishnavite cults, while still worshiped by millions of Hindus.
Dattatreya has left home at an early age to wander
naked in search of the Absolute. He seems to have spent most of his life
wandering in the area between and including North Karnataka, through
Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh, and into Gujarat as far as the Narmada River.
He attained realization at a place not far from the town now known as Gangapura
in North Karnataka.
Do you have faith in God 365 days? Accordingly there are many ways in which God maintains the equilibrium of nature. One of these ways is diversion; that is, the channeling off of a force that has reached excessive proportions. Think of the amount of rain that falls in the rainy season. So what nature does in such situations is provide the land and human population with an amount of water which is only just adequate while the rest of the water is diverted into rivers.
- Happy Ugadi Wishes to all Dear and Near
- Ugadi Special: Significance and Importance
- Why Ugadi marks the New Year 2018?
- Friday Special Raagu Kaala Durga Pooja
- Karthigai Deepam auspicious day
- God Brahma the creator of Universe
- Hindu Goddess powerful of all Goddess is Adi Parasakthi
- Friday, the day for Goddess Durga
- Pooja the process of worshiping God with pure mind and heart
- The chronological list of Guru Parampara of the matham follows:
- Hindu God Bhagwan Dattatreya
- Hindu Gods married to teach moral values
- Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week