Srirangam the tallest Gopurams in India is the one at Sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangam. Situated on the island of river Cauvery, this temple has 21 Gopurams. The Rajagopuram or the main gateway is a staggering 236ft tall and has 13 kalasams made of heavy copper on the top.
Meenakshi amman temple at Madurai has the most magnificent of all Gopurams. With intricate carvings and imposing height, there are ten Gopurams mostly built in block granite. The oldest Gopurams lying to the East was built by the Sundara Pandyas. It was with them and the construction of this temple that temple towns became popular in Tamil Nadu.
as the tallest Gopurams during the Madurai Nayakas, the Gopurams of
Thiruvilliputhoor Divya Desam in Srivilliputhur is the emblem of the Government
of Tamil Nadu. The temple is 2000 years old and one of the most popular of
Vishnu temples. The 59m tall Gopurams is an 11 storied structure.
Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays During Goddess Month (17th July – 16th August), the energy radiating from the Supreme Shakti fills the earth plane and can give you special blessings and the ability to create good things in your life. All 4 Fridays during Goddess Month are particularly sacred for connecting with the power of the Goddess.
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas
- Surya consider it as Sun God for Good Prosperity