In today's world gold is a multipurpose metal. It adds to the asset value of the individual or the family, even a business. It offers best investment returns too. Buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya is also a symbol of prosperity and wealth. Moreover buying gold adds to the wealth as well as assets of an individual, it is believed that buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya ensures eternal wealth. This is because the very term Akshaya means ‘never diminishing.
Akshaya Tritiya is one day that is auspicious on the whole, i.e. no mahurat is required to start a new venture or purchase anything special. On this very day, people start their new businesses so that it begins on a good day and everything that follows is good.
Further the sun shines brighter on this day, it is believed by Hindus. On
this day, the Sun lord of all planets and the Moon the lord of creativity, are
exalted, i.e. at their peak radiance. It is a day which is auspicious for
weddings as well as forging new partnerships. Furthermore Akshaya Tritiya,
the Tritiya day in the month of Vaishakha is very important for the Jain
community in India.
Pin Kettu of the Irumudi of Sabarimala Temple There are 2 coconuts in the pin Kettu (back end pouch). One of it is to be broken at the Pampa River. Another coconut is to offer to the Malikapurathamma (Bhagavathi). Here the coconut is not to be broken. It is to be rolled on the ground in front of the deity of the Bhagavathi.
- What does the Nei thenga (Ghee filled Coconut) and the Nei Abhishekam Signifies?
- Importance of Irumudikettu in Sabarimala Pilgrimage
- December Month special for Irumudi in Melmaruvathur
- Kanchi Paramacharya explains about Importance of Margazhi Month
- Why Andal special in Margazhi?
- Significance and festivals of Margazhi month
- Tamil Month Margazhi dedicated to Lord Vishnu
- Wearing Mangalsutra and its Benefits