Accordingly the five elements in Hinduism or Pancha Mahabhuta- bhūmi (earth), jala (water), agni (fire), vayu or pavan (air or wind) and vyom or shunya (space or zero) or akash (void) are worshiped as God. It was the Aryan race in the Vedic era, who started worshiping the five natural forces. Out of the five, nature Gods, Indra and Varuna are considered to be the main ones.
Meanwhile the practice of worshiping the nature God has passed down through generations. Meanwhile Varuna, being the Hindu god of water is worshiped every year before the season of rainfall begins. Many villages in India consider the rainfall season very auspicious, thereby pleasing the rains gods annually. Further it is believed that when there is a low rainfall, it means that the Rain-God is angry or upset. It is during these times that the Varuna Yajna is performed by the holy priests.
to the ritual, the temple priests immerse themselves in huge barrels of water,
enchanting Lord Varuna’s name one lakh times. The Varuna Yajna is performed mainly
in parts of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi Solar month is full of devotional month and no marriage celebration will take place during that month. The Full moon day falls on the star Puratadhi/Uthiratadhi (Aquaries /Pisces zodiac) but the Purattasi Saturdays are very important and special prayers are done for Tirupathi Venkatachalapathy with people following many Vrathams and pujas with various offerings like Chakara Pongal etc.
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated all over India?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Why Hindus break coconut in Temple?
- Lord Shiva the Final God in this world
- Divine festivals of Aani Month in Hindus
- How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi pooja?
- Lord Ganesh's curse on Lord Krishna
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- Krishna Janmashtami 2018 - The Myth of Lord Krishna
- How to do Krishna Jayanti at Home?
- Some facts about Amavasya and Purnima