Accordingly the five elements in Hinduism or Pancha Mahabhuta- bhūmi (earth), jala (water), agni (fire), vayu or pavan (air or wind) and vyom or shunya (space or zero) or akash (void) are worshiped as God. It was the Aryan race in the Vedic era, who started worshiping the five natural forces. Out of the five, nature Gods, Indra and Varuna are considered to be the main ones.
Meanwhile the practice of worshiping the nature God has passed down through generations. Meanwhile Varuna, being the Hindu god of water is worshiped every year before the season of rainfall begins. Many villages in India consider the rainfall season very auspicious, thereby pleasing the rains gods annually. Further it is believed that when there is a low rainfall, it means that the Rain-God is angry or upset. It is during these times that the Varuna Yajna is performed by the holy priests.
to the ritual, the temple priests immerse themselves in huge barrels of water,
enchanting Lord Varuna’s name one lakh times. The Varuna Yajna is performed mainly
in parts of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
How to celebrate Tamil Month Aadi 18? Accordingly Aadi 18/ Aadi Perukku are a festival observed on the 18th day in Tamil month Aadi. It is also known as Pathinettam perukku or Aadi perukku in Tamil. This year 2017, it falls on August 3rd. Aadi perukku is a unique South Indian festival that marks the beginning of Tamil festivals in Tamilnadu. It is observed on the 18th day of Tamil month Aadi.
- CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas
- Surya consider it as Sun God for Good Prosperity
- Do Hindus consider Moon as God and worships it?
- Tamil Month Aani and its Divine Festivals
- Importance of doing Kumbhabhishekam in Temple
- Who is the Hindu God of Medicine?
- Never Keep God Hanuman statue opening his chest