While Muslims across the world look forward to fasting during the holy month of Ramadan, elderly people (60 years and above) are often in a fix on whether or not to observe fast. We spoke to some experts in the medical field to guide the elderly Muslims for fasting this month.
Meanwhile those in a good health with no major health issues can observe fast. However, elderly people who are underweight with chronic illness are advised to avoid fasting. Frail and weak elderly patients who fast can be at the risk of complications like hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia besides metabolic decomposition.
Doctors say "Elderly who are not generally healthy should discuss
with their physician before they attempt fasting. This is more important for
those who are suffering from lifestyle disease like diabetes, hypertension and
thyroid". Usually dehydration is one of the most serious problems for the
elderly caused by their lack of the sense of thirst and consequently the lack
of drinking water. The elderly should drink water and fluids in abundance and
at frequent intervals after breaking the fast.
Navarati celebrations at Melmaruvathur Adi Parasakthi the Goddess, Devi is the Supreme Being. She is also popularly referred to as "Adi Shakti", "Parama Shakti", "Maha Shakti", "Mahadevi", or even simply as "Shakti". "Parama" means absolute, "Satya" means the Truth as per many shakta texts and Adi Parashakti is the original creator, observer and destroyer of the whole universe.
- Amavasya festival importance in Hinduism
- Golu tips to be followed this Navaratri
- Positive attitude brings Success during Navaratri
- Ravana burning in Dussehra culture!
- This is the Beginning of Worship in Dussehra festival
- Worship Shani Dev every Saturday for Prosperity
- Significance of Mahalaya Amavasya or Pitru Paksha
- Purattasi Month Saturdays auspicious days for Wealth Creation
- Worship Lord Dakshinamurthy for all types of knowledge
- Navaratri Festival dedicated to Goddess Durga
- How to observe Sani Pradhosha Vradha?
- Why do Hindus don't eat Beef?
- Know these important festivals of Purattasi Month
- Why do Hindus don't eat meat during Purattasi Month?
- Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi