For thousands of years, yogis have stressed the value of chanting mantra. Modern neuroscience is now beginning to discover the relationship between the way words are used and the impact on the functioning of the mind. When we hear, speak, chant or even think a mantra, the frontal lobes of our brain “light up” and the nerve endings fire up. There is increased flow of oxygen and blood. These frontal lobes are responsible for thought, learning, perception, and emotion.
Meanwhile Chakras, our energy centers, are the intersections of energy lines, and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. In Vedic astrology there are 12 constellations, and 9 arc segments called namshas or chandrakalas. 9 times 12 equal 108. Chandra is moon, and kalas are the divisions within a whole. In 108, 1 stands for God or higher Truth, 0 stands for emptiness or completeness in spiritual practice, and 8 stands for infinity or eternity.
Om is the sound of the universe. It's the first,
original vibration, representing the birth, death and re-birth process.
Chanting the sound OM brings us into harmonic resonance with the universe this
is a scientific fact.
CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM After 8 years of R & D, Western scientists have proved that at Lord Nataraja 's big toe is the Centre Point of World 's Magnetic Equator. Our ancient Tamil Scholar Thirumoolar has proved this Five thousand years ago!
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas