The bond between Rani Karnavati, the widowed queen of Chittoor king, and Mughal Emperor Humayun is an important evidence of Raksha Bandhan in Indian history. It was a time whenever Rajputs were warring against Mughal invasions, and Rakhi was considered a protection for sisters and gave a spiritual binding.
Rani Karnawati was unable to thwart the invasion of Bahadur Shah, the Sultan of Gujarat, and she had sent a Rakhi to Mughal emperor Humayun who was touched by her gesture and left with his troops to protect her life.
Legend of Arunachala Hill There was a battle between Brahma and Vishnu over supremacy of each one`s powers. To teach them a lesson that all powers rest with the eternal Brahman, embodied as Shiva, Shiva took the form of Jyothi or light. He asked both Brahma and Vishnu to find out the beginning and the end of this light form of Shiva. He said the successful one would be the greatest.
- How to celebrate Tamil Month Aadi 18
- Celebrations of Karthigai Deepam in Tamilnadu
- Unknown facts about Goddess Shakti
- Why and How We Should Celebrate Karthigai Deepam?
- Karthigai Deepam: Extension of Diwali
- Legends associated with Karthigai Deepam
- Importance of celebrating Karthigai Deepam in Tamilnadu
- Thursday Fame Hindu God Dhakshinamurthy