The bond between Rani Karnavati, the widowed queen of Chittoor king, and Mughal Emperor Humayun is an important evidence of Raksha Bandhan in Indian history. It was a time whenever Rajputs were warring against Mughal invasions, and Rakhi was considered a protection for sisters and gave a spiritual binding.
Rani Karnawati was unable to thwart the invasion of Bahadur Shah, the Sultan of Gujarat, and she had sent a Rakhi to Mughal emperor Humayun who was touched by her gesture and left with his troops to protect her life.
Why do Hindus don't eat meat during Purattasi Month? The main reason is to avoid the meat during the Tamil month of Purattasi, the rays of the sun weaken and the rains set in. The earth that has heated up in the previous months, soak in the rain and is known to give out heat, which is considered hurtful than the summer heat. It is also believed that the digestion power of individuals is low and there is chance it can take a toll on
- Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated all over India?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Why Hindus break coconut in Temple?
- Lord Shiva the Final God in this world
- Divine festivals of Aani Month in Hindus
- How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi pooja?
- Lord Ganesh's curse on Lord Krishna
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- Krishna Janmashtami 2018 - The Myth of Lord Krishna
- How to do Krishna Jayanti at Home?