Goddess Laxmi is the symbol of prosperity, the Shakti who brings prosperity. During the next three days, Goddess Durga is worshiped in her prosperity-bestowing form. During the first three days, we remove our negative attitude; hence, in the next three days, positive attitude replaces the negative attitude. With a positive and optimistic attitude, devotees pray for removing obstacles and bringing success in their path.
Navaratri is the festival of the Goddess. Thus, females have always been at the top in mythology. Even during Navaratri, on the eighth day, Kanya Pooja is performed, where nine young girls are considered to be the nine forms of goddess Durga. They are worshiped like goddesses. Devotees wash their feet, offer them new clothes and other gifts. This ritual has been performed in India since ancient times to mark the importance of females.
Navaratri is dedicated to Goddess Durga. Goddess Durga is believed to be
the combination of trinity of goddesses Laxmi, Parvati, Saraswati. In other
words, the Trinity is worshiped during Navaratri. Three days are assigned to
each goddess during the nine divine days of Navaratri. Here are nine lessons
from the nine nights of festivities.
Worship Saibaba on Thursdays is auspicious Lighting Lamps Lighting lamp can be considered as living image of God. It makes one feel presence of God or Guru. The flame of lamp is its proof. Lightning lamp in morning and evening is sufficient. If at all it is not possible to light lamp in evening you can opt for morning only. Along with lighting lamps, one can prefer to light incense sticks or dhoop sticks too. Dhoop stick can be avoided if one wishes.
- Worshiping Bhagwan Dattatreya gives divinity
- Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai some unknown facts
- Holi importance in India - Happy HOLI FESTIVAL!
- Pooja important in daily life of an individual
- Idols worship brings positive vibration
- How to do Friday pooja in your house?
- Do you worship your Kuladeivam?
- Importance of Panguni Uthiram in Tamilnadu
- Tamil Month Masi is called as Birth of Kings
- History behind Mahashivaratri
- Celebrate Mahashivaratri at Isha Yoga, Coimbatore
- How to invite Goddess Lakshmi of Wealth to your home?
- Through Gopuram Kalasam Spiritual power enters
- Pitru Dosh remedies to be followed
- Fasting rules to be followed during Panguni Uthiram