Margazhi, which precedes the Uttarayana is ushah-kaala (the short period just before dawn) for devas for whom a human year constitutes one day. The period just before dawn in this month is therefore very sacred and it is common for all to visit the temples and go around the streets singing Tiruppavai, Tiruvenbavai and other bhajans the intention is to rouse the latent spiritual powers in every one of us.
In other words, if the whole year is deemed to be just one day, margazhi month is the pre-dawn period of awakening, when we transit from the stillness and calm of the wintery night to a day of meaningful activities. It is the time for singing, before dawn every day of the month, the praise of God, at home, on the streets and in temples, be it Andal’s Tiruppavai, or, Manickavachagar’s Tiruvembaavai and Tiruppalliyeyuchi.
It is also the month when the holiest vaishnavite temple in Srirangam and the most sacred saivite one at Chidambaram, have their most important annual festivals, Vaikunda Ekadasi and Aarudra Darshan, respectively, both celebrated before sun rise. And, on the last day of month, on Bhogi, we clean our houses in readiness to welcome Uttarayana and the Tamil month of Thai with a Suryanarayana puja and Pongal.
Worship Saibaba on Thursdays is auspicious Lighting Lamps Lighting lamp can be considered as living image of God. It makes one feel presence of God or Guru. The flame of lamp is its proof. Lightning lamp in morning and evening is sufficient. If at all it is not possible to light lamp in evening you can opt for morning only. Along with lighting lamps, one can prefer to light incense sticks or dhoop sticks too. Dhoop stick can be avoided if one wishes.
- Worshiping Bhagwan Dattatreya gives divinity
- Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai some unknown facts
- Holi importance in India - Happy HOLI FESTIVAL!
- Pooja important in daily life of an individual
- Idols worship brings positive vibration
- How to do Friday pooja in your house?
- Do you worship your Kuladeivam?
- Importance of Panguni Uthiram in Tamilnadu
- Tamil Month Masi is called as Birth of Kings
- History behind Mahashivaratri
- Celebrate Mahashivaratri at Isha Yoga, Coimbatore
- How to invite Goddess Lakshmi of Wealth to your home?
- Through Gopuram Kalasam Spiritual power enters
- Pitru Dosh remedies to be followed
- Fasting rules to be followed during Panguni Uthiram