According to the Tamil Hindu tradition, each day of the week is dedicated to a particular deity. Fridays are dedicated to Goddess Parvati. Most people visit the temples on Friday even if not on any other day. Women mandatory do a pooja every Friday at their homes.
Before commencing the pooja, clean yourself and the surroundings. Take a hair bath and sweep and mop the house on that day or the day before. Non vegetarian should not be cooked. Make sure your entrance has a kolam.
On a day, there are time intervals that are good (nalla neram), bad (rahukalam and emagandam) and neutral. When this time interval starts and ends depends on which day of the week it is. For example, on Fridays good time falls between 9.15am and 10.15am and also between 4.45pm and 5.45pm. Rahukalam on a Friday is from 10.30am to 12 noon and Emagandam is from 3pm to 4.30pm. This remains the same for all Fridays irrelevant of the month or year. Any new ventures you start or do, it is auspicious to do it at the good time of that day and it is better to avoid the bad times.
Holi importance in India - Happy HOLI FESTIVAL! Accordingly Holi is one of the major festival of India and is the most vibrant of all. The joys of Holi know no bound and it is celebrated across the four corners of India or rather across the globe. Meanwhile the festival is filled with so much fun and frolic that the very mention of the word 'Holi' draws smile and enthusiasm among the people and also celebrates the arrival of Spring, a season of joy and hope.
- Pooja important in daily life of an individual
- Idols worship brings positive vibration
- How to do Friday pooja in your house?
- Do you worship your Kuladeivam?
- Importance of Panguni Uthiram in Tamilnadu
- Tamil Month Masi is called as Birth of Kings
- History behind Mahashivaratri
- Celebrate Mahashivaratri at Isha Yoga, Coimbatore
- How to invite Goddess Lakshmi of Wealth to your home?
- Through Gopuram Kalasam Spiritual power enters
- Pitru Dosh remedies to be followed
- Fasting rules to be followed during Panguni Uthiram
- Why Maasi month is so special?
- Use this simple trick to attract Goddess Lakshmi
- Lighting Lamps before God by evening eradicates problems