Srirangam the tallest gopuram in india is the one at sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangam. Situated on the island of river Cauvery, this temple has 21 gopurams. The Rajagopuram or the main gateway is a staggering 236ft tall and has 13 kalasams made of heavy copper on the top.
meenakshi temple at Madurai has the most magnificent of all gopurams. With intricate carvings and imposing height, there are ten gopurams mostly built in block granite. The oldest gopuram lying to the East was built by the Sundara Pandyas. It was with them and the construction of this temple that temple towns became popular in Tamil Nadu.
Reigning as the tallest gopuram during the Madurai Nayakas, the gopuram of Thiruvilliputhoor Divya Desam in Srivilliputhur is the emblem of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The temple is 2000 years old and one of the most popular of vishnu temples. The 59m tall gopuram is an 11storied structure.
Know the Significance & Traditions of Diwali Puja Diwali marks the last day of financial year for Hindu business community in India. Many businessmen perform Chopda Pujan or pay ritual prayers to Goddess of Wealth, Lakshmi and seek her blessings to shower wealth and prosperity on them in the New Year. New account books are sanctified in this puja, and a new financial year along with new business ventures is undertaken by all.
- Worshiping Lord Venkateswara during Purattasi month
- What is Diwali & How it is celebrated?
- How to download WhatsApp stickers for Dussehra festival
- Places to celebrate Dussehra and Navratri in Delhi
- Seven places to watch Dussehra celebration in India
- Dussehra is celebrated on last day of Navratri on Vijaya Dashami
- Different Dussehra celebration across the India
- Bastar Dussehra: the longest festival in the world