Third day was Pujara’s day at the Ranchi test between India and Australia. Pujara lit up Ranchi with a splendid batting display, hitting his 11th Test century, to help India seize the initiative. Murali Vijay, his batting partner during a 102-run second-wicket alliance, also looked in a great shift but an ill-advised attempted lofted shot off Steve O'Keefe brought about his downfall on 82, with Lunch just around the corner.
Starting with the overnight score of 120/1, India batted
very well in the first session aominating the Aussies. Just before lunch Murali vijay was sent to
pavilion. Kohli who was injured while
fielding on the second day could not stand for long as he was dismissed for
just 6 runs by Cummins. The vice captain Ajinkya Rahane too was out
for 14 runs in Cummins bowling. Karun Nair looked as if he was settling down
and then he was bolwed with a wonderful delivery that came from Hazlewood.
On one end wickets kept falling but Pujara stood tall to score his 11th test Century. This Saurashtra batsman who batted with a overnight score of 10 runs played a handy innings. He played timely calculated shots with great patience. Though he was tested with bouncers from Cummins, Pujara played a great innings. He reminded of the former Indian Wall Rahul Dravid. Pujara is on 130 runs batting while the Wicket keeper Batsman Wriddhiman Saha is on 18.
For Australia, Pat Cummins enjoyed a superb comeback as he picked up 4 for 59, to ensure India did not run away with the initiative. Cummins's strength was his pace through the air, and he used his slower deliveries and short-pitched ones to great effect to keep the batsmen always guessing. He had already dismissed KL Rahul yesterday with a short delivery. On Day 3, he added the wickets of Virat Kohli, Rahane and R Ashwin, the last two coming off short deliveries.
"This is how I took 5-Wicket haul..." - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar reveals the Secret India won against South Africa in the first T20I and Indian pacer Bhuvaneshwar Kumar scalped 5-Wickets and became the first Indian to take a fifer in ODI's, Tests, and T20I's. After Chahal, he became the only Indian to scalp fifer in T20I's.
- India wins the 1st T20I by 28 runs - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar takes 5 Wickets
- Wrist Spinners hide India's defects in ODI Team - India should take a look at these things immediately
- Virat Kohli's Men create History as India crushes South Africa and resumes the Winning ways
- Shahid Afridi asks Indian fan to hold National Flag in correct position - Wins Millions of Hearts !!
- It's all over for Ravichandran Ashwin as he can't return to ODI's and T20's
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and Wrist Spinners gift 124 Run Victory in the 3rd ODI
- Not just Men, even Women in Blue beat South Africa at Kimberley in ICC Women's Championship
- India needed 2 runs to win and Umpires call it Lunch - Twitter reacts!
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and his Men stops South Africa's 17-game winning streak
- South Africa will not be with the services of AB De Villiers for first 3 ODI's
- Fans go gaga on this Young girl at the IPL Auction - Do you know about her?
- A Complete Analysis on the IPL 2018 bidding
- Chennai Super Kings and the curious case of pathetic choices!
- #IPLAuction - Live Updates
- IPL Auction starts today - Here's how you can watch it Live and get updates!