Sources have stated that MS Dhoni and Washington Sundar made match-winning contributions as Rising Pune Supergiant had spayed Mumbai Indians by 20 runs to reach their maiden Indian Premier League final on Wednesday. Dhoni was at his destructive best, smashing 40 off 26 balls in the death over’s to propel Pune to 162 for four before young off-spinner Sundar took three important wickets that led to Mumbai falling short with 142 for nine in Qualifier 1. It was Pune's third win over Mumbai in as many games this season, providing them with an opportunity to win the coveted trophy in only their second season.
Meanwhile Mumbai, who had topped the group stages, remain in the competition and will meet the winner of tomorrow's Eliminator, between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders, in Qualifier 2 on Friday. With the pitch playing unusually slow, anything over 150 was a tricky target despite Mumbai batting deep.
It was stated that Sundar sent back opposition
skipper Rohit Sharma, Ambati Rayudu and Kieron Pollard in a space of 12 balls
to leave Mumbai gasping at 51 for four in eight over’s. Parthiv Patel (52 off 40) was solid at the other end and even used the long
handle effectively to smash three sixes on the one side. He eventually ran out
of partners with Pandya brothers too back in the pavilion leaving Mumbai at 101
for six in the 15th over. Patel too fell three balls later, leaving the tail-enders
to do too much in the end with 60 runs needed off the last 30 balls.
Earlier, Mumbai Indians put up a decent bowling effort until Dhoni hit a barrage of sixes to help Pune post a fighting total. Pune got the much-needed push in the last two over’s and Tiwary too gave him good support during their 73-run stand off 44 balls, scoring four boundaries and two sixes in total.
India likely to lose 2nd Test despite Kohli's Blitzkrieg Virat Kohli's 21st Test Hundred and Two early wickets from Jasprit Bumrah never helped India to win the second test and keep the series alive. Once again easy dropped catches and AB De Villiers' skill confirmed India can never win this test.
- Can Yusuf Patha play in IPL after failing the dope test?
- Can Angelo Mathews bring back glory to Team Sri Lanka?
- The Ashes: Despite 4-0 Loss, Endland are on the Right Path says Anderson
- Australia inch closer to a big Ashes finish!!
- Anushka Sharma shows a sad face as her husband goes cheaply - See Photo
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma Shopping on 50% Discount Offer - Goes Viral
- #IPLRetention - Dhoni returns to his Den, Ashwin Dropped - Check the complete retention members list
- Colin Munro becomes the First Batsman to score 3 Centuries in T20I's
- How strong is Dhoni this time in IPL??
- The strategy is to get AB out - Virat Kohli
- RCB still keeping muted response with respect to Kohli's retention
- Can England win the 4th Test or will Rain play spoil sport?
- Sri Lankan fan's special invite at Virushka reception!!
- CSK will retain Dhoni and Raina - Who is the Third player ? Ashwin or Jadeja ?
- India wins T20 series with a clean sweep!!