Colombo sources have stated that almost everything was shut in the island nation as the Sri Lankans observed 'Poya', a full moon day regarded auspicious by the Buddhist-majority people here. However, it was hard to catch a glimpse of the moon as Colombo remained under a dense cloud cover with heavy showers lashing the capital city.
India, having already enjoyed a sumptuous meal sweeping the Test and ODI series 3-0 and 5-0 respectively would love to end their six-week tour by polishing off the dessert. Victory in the lone T20I will see them register a 9-0 sweep. Going by the current form of the two teams, India should have no problems in pulling things off.
Despite rains and muddled grounds, the groundsmen worked swift and ensured a full 20-Over game. Sri Lanka who batted first gave a target of 171 and India in reply scored 174 with 4 balls to spare. For the first time, in Cricketing History, a team has completely whitewashed in all 3 formats of the game.
India's next challenge lies with Australia on September 17th for ODI's. India will face the team at Chennai on the first ODI. Let's hope India continues the good run.
ICC ODI rankings: Kohli bags rare double India skipper Virat Kohli achieved a rare feat on Tuesday when he crossed the 900-point mark concurrently in Tests and One-Day Internationals (ODIs) in the latest ICC ODI Player Rankings. Kohli's purple patch with the bat saw him become only the second batsman after South Africa
- Aussies beat Kiwis, Lift Trans Tasman cup !!
- "This is how I took 5-Wicket haul..." - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar reveals the Secret
- India wins the 1st T20I by 28 runs - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar takes 5 Wickets
- Wrist Spinners hide India's defects in ODI Team - India should take a look at these things immediately
- Virat Kohli's Men create History as India crushes South Africa and resumes the Winning ways
- Shahid Afridi asks Indian fan to hold National Flag in correct position - Wins Millions of Hearts !!
- It's all over for Ravichandran Ashwin as he can't return to ODI's and T20's
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and Wrist Spinners gift 124 Run Victory in the 3rd ODI
- Not just Men, even Women in Blue beat South Africa at Kimberley in ICC Women's Championship
- India needed 2 runs to win and Umpires call it Lunch - Twitter reacts!
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and his Men stops South Africa's 17-game winning streak
- South Africa will not be with the services of AB De Villiers for first 3 ODI's
- Fans go gaga on this Young girl at the IPL Auction - Do you know about her?
- A Complete Analysis on the IPL 2018 bidding
- Chennai Super Kings and the curious case of pathetic choices!