India and South Africa moved to Centurion for the 2nd ODI. Indian captain Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bowl. Amla and De Kock began cautiously and they never lost the wicket for the first 8 overs. Then, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar grabbed Amla.
South Africa bundled out for 118 as Chahal takes his first 5-wicket haul. India lost Rohit Sharma and was cruising towards the target. But Referee called off the match for lunch when India just needed 2 runs to win. This became a huge topic of discussion as common sense matters more than guidelines.
Check out some of the Twitter reactions,
Just 2 Runs Needed. Even 1 Ball Was Enough To Finish The Match But Now We'll Have To Wait For 40 Minutes Lunch Break. If Only Logic Ruled The Game Of Cricket.😒😡😒 #INDvSA #INDvsSA #SAvIND #SAvsIND 2nd ODI— Sir Ravindra Jadeja (@SirJadeja) February 4, 2018
This 2nd ODI is a joke!! 😂😂😂 Lunch for 2 runs.. Are you f***** kidding me.. 😂— ViNee!! 🇮🇳 (@Vineet_1502) February 4, 2018
Sunil Gavaskar bashai la solnum na, THAT is Nonsense. Utter Nonsense. When common sense goes for a toss! #INDvSA— Srini Mama 💲 (@SriniMama16) February 4, 2018
Thank you Team India for making my meaningless Sunday even more meaningless. Now I don't know what to do till 9:30pm. #INDvSA— Aladdin (@Alllahdin) February 4, 2018
Bizarre things you get to see in cricket.. Taking a lunch break when a team needs just 2 run to win.. and after that.. Sanjay Manjrekar & Harsha Bhogle discussing cricket as an Experts. #INDvSA— Paresh Rawal Fan (@Babu_Bhaiyaa) February 4, 2018
Match Referee Andy Pycroft is all set to become manager of SBI.#INDvSA— Sunil- The Cricketer (@1sInto2s) February 4, 2018
Wowww... Amazing Scenes in Centurion... Lunch is Called as Per Rules While India Required only 2 runs to win. Both Teams Looks Unhappy with this decision. #INDvSA #SAvsIND #Cricket #Rules pic.twitter.com/LrVrTuXTtw— Raza (@RazaKaleem1) February 4, 2018
#ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high As England had ended day 2 at 9/1 leading by 22 runs, in the first test between India and England, the third day of the test began with Ashwin removing Jennings (8) and skipper Joe Root (14), while Ishant Sharma removed Malan (20), and the settled Bairstow (28) as England was reeling at 5./85.
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?
- #ENGvIND - Kuldeep and Rohitman tame the English!
- #ENGvIND - Rohitman smashes English bowlers as India clinches the Series
- Kuldeep Yadav becomes the first Chinnaman Bowler to take 5-Wickets in a T20I
- #IREvIND - Rohit, Dhawan destroy Ireland, as India have an easy win!
- Hales, Bairstow and Morgan rip apart Australian bowlers!
- MEDIA AND SPONSORS IGNORES INDIAN FOOTBALL
- Virat Kohli's mental fitness comes from Yoga
- A STAR KID TO MAKE HIS DEBUT
- Virat Kohli Wax Statue damaged at Delhi's Madame Tussauds
- IPL-11 FAME ELEVATES STARDOM IN AFGHANI CRICKETER
- IPL Success helped me to get a place in the Test team