On a shocking note, South African Pacer Morne Morkel has announced that he will retire from International Cricket after the home series against Australia which begins on March 1st. The 33-year-old confirmed his decision at a media conference in Durban as the team is gearing up to play for the test match against Australia.
Morne is expected to play in all the four test matches and currently, he has 294 Test scalps. Regarding the surprise decision, Morne said, "I have a young family and a foreign wife so I believe this is the best time to do this. Out of respect to Cricket South Africa, it was important for us to make this announcement now."
“Morne has been a remarkable servant to SA cricket. He has been a role model and has risen up the ranks to become one of the best fast bowlers in the world,” Doc Moosajee.— Myron Naicker (@myronnaicker) February 26, 2018
“I will miss the close family at the Proteas and the culture. I know that I am leaving this team in a happy place. I have no doubt that the Proteas will grow and win a trophy in the near future.” Morkel— Myron Naicker (@myronnaicker) February 26, 2018
#AUSvIND - In the History of Cricket, this is the First time India has won the First Test against Australia in Australia The final day of the first test of India's tour of Australia began with Australia resuming on 104/4, with Shaun Marsh and Head on the crease, and Ishant Sharma quickly removed Head (14), with Aussies on 115/5. Tim Paine joined hands with Marsh and they forged a partnership for a while.
- #AUSvIND - India need 6 Wickets and Australia need 219 runs to win the Adelaide Test
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #AUSvIND - India keep their noses ahead at the end of Day 3
- 1003 Cricketers signed up for IPL Auction 2019
- #AUSvIND - The Battle for Lead begins as Travis Head sheperds Australia
- #AUSvIND - Pujara's Century saves India from Embarrassment on Day 1
- Kohli bowls on nets!
- #AUSvsIND - Kohli heroics in chasing helps India to level T20 Series
- A match that ended within 4 overs!
- #AUSvIND - Kohli's Worst Captaincy results in India's Loss in First T20I against Aussies
- Rohit reveals the challenge!
- #INDvWI - India clinches victory in Last Ball Thriller in the final T20I
- Rohit Sharma Blitzkrieg takes India to massive victory against West Indies in Second T20I
- #INDvWIN - Kohli-less India tastes First T20I victory against Windies
- #INDvWI - India win the 5th and final ODI even before the Sun Sets at Kerala